Special Self-funded fee £130; Organisational fee £180
The essentials of recognising & working with a range of traumatic reactions for Counsellors & Mental Health Practitioners.
This 1-day workshop establishes the empirical frameworks for working trans-diagnostically with traumatised people. For understanding what maintains a person's difficulties and therefore what needs to be done to help a person move forward. Cutting-edge *but accessible & clinically relevant* research & theory Clinical strategies & live observation
The Workshop Will Help Delegates:
- To develop a clear understanding of the nature of Childhood & Adult traumatic presentations.
- Understand an accessible psychological theory of PTSD derived from empirical findings.
- Identify the common strategies used to cope with trauma that may actually contribute to the maintenance of PTSD.
- To develop confidence in assessing and formulating PTSD and associated co-morbidity in more complex presentations.
- Identify Acute Stress Disorder, PTSD & Complex PTSD responses & other “co-morbid” problems.
- Develop an accessible understanding of happens in the brain following psychological trauma (an introduction).
- Gain Tools to Normalise post-trauma responses: Reducing stigma; reducing secondary stresses.
- Develop skills in distress tolerance & emotional regulation to help clients move forward.
Live Observation & Practice - Makes this Different from Other Training:
The workshop is highly practical. Delegates will get the chance for live observation & skills practice (with a professional actor playing our client attending therapy). We discuss moment–to–moment decisions about the direction therapy should take - unpacking the therapeutic process with real-time demonstration & practice of skills. Plus, other diverse clinical material will be used to illustrate different presentations, real-world challenges & therapy pitfalls. CBT with a relational base.
Who Should Attend: This course is ideal for professionals who want to develop & their practice skills to help clients with a history of trauma. It is also an excellent recap for advanced level practitioners. Whether clinicians are counsellors getting their first exposure to CBT for trauma or seasoned practitioners wanting a refresher, this will satisfy professional training needs. No prior CBT experience necessary.