How is this training different?
- Learn How to Target Treatment to Help Patients Reclaim Their Lives After Trauma.
- Uncover covert challenges that may be sabotaging your clients success.
- Create a clear outline of the TF-CBT strategy combining empirical evidence & sound practical strategies, within a Client-Centred base.
- Learn how to draw on recent research findings in neuroscience & the role of memory processes in the maintenance of PTSD.
- Remain true to the empirical basis of Trauma-focused CBT while adapting therapeutic techniques to address the everyday challenges of complex real–world clinical work.
- Innovative training approach: With professional actor as ‘client’ to demonstrate, practice & discuss moment–to–moment decisions about the direction therapy should take - unpacking & reflecting on the therapeutic process with real-time demonstration & practice of skills.
- A unique "hands-on" training for professionals with sound theory to practice transfer.
- Leave the session renewed, reenergised & inspired.
“The workshop will stand out in my memory as one of the best CPD courses I have attended
"As an experienced & seasoned practitioner I still walked away with developments to my practice that I could apply
"A strong empirical backbone & more importantly - an honest acknowledgment of what is going on in the therapy
PTSD Workshops: BPS London Office
The last 20 years have seen significant advances in treatments for PTSD and by far the most efficacious evidence-based intervention is Trauma-Focused CBT. As a result, a disorder that for many would have been a chronic condition with very poor long-term psychosocial outcome, can often now be significantly assisted within a few months. The Workshops below are sophisticated & reflective updates for the clinician who wishes to provide top-quality care for clients with PTSD. Learn how to use individualised case formulation and CBT principles to guide clinical decision making, including creative methods for blending sequencing treatments for multiple-problem clients. The approach does not eliminate the need for clinical decision making but provides the clinical with a systematic approach to making clinical decisions
Only Clinically USEFUL stuff !
Sign up to our NEWSLETTER - in the base of this page - for our monthly selection of highly curated PTSD & Trauma links to the latest research and clinical...
- Published at:
2016-09-27 21:07:00 +0100
- Read More